Thursday, October 26, 2006

Update on Job

Well I was informed last nite that I did not get the position I applied and interviewed for. The Director said that she selected me, but her Boss did not approve it. She sent me up twice as her choice. Her boss stated that my knowledge was in the technical area, and not the Leadership roll she thought the position should be. The Director however felt that I need the technical expertise in order to lead and direct the staff. She said she could have pushed for it, but she has seen how they treat ppl who they didn't want selelcted. So she dropped it, and is trying to find me another way in, because she really respects the work that I do. I thanked her for not putting me in the Lion's Den. Cause I could not work with ppl doing their best to set me up for failure.

At least, I had the opportunity to brush up on my application and interviewing experience. Cause I really haven't had to do either since I got this position 6 years ago.

Thanks for all that wished me luck and kept me in their prayers. Holla.

10 Comments:

Blogger BK said...

Yo!!!!! that is good for you!!! at least you know what the deal is.. and what you need to "work" on for future!!!!

keep ya head up and go study for them exams!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Lāā said...

That's cool that she was upfront with you about the situation. You are fortunate for that and you showed them your skills, so the next time something comes around they will already have you in mind.

10:03 AM  
Blogger nikki said...

yeah, you're supposed to head through another door anyway. this ain't nothing but setting you up for a better detour.

1:10 PM  
Blogger SomeOne said...

BK...thanks ma, don't remind me aobut that test, lol. Study time will recommense after Nov. 15th. I'll retake the part I almost past in Jan.

laa. I'm glad she let me know the real upfront too. If there is a next time, I may have already moved on by then...Their loss.

Nikki...Sup ma...Thanks for the kind words....Something is definately waiting on me.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

Well at least she was honest..and she knows that you deserve a better position and you know she'll look out and recommend you for something that comes along...they won't ready for you no way LOL

6:30 PM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

take it as a blessing Chrissy....as long as ppl recognize u and your work u are good. something BETTER will def come along.....

11:59 AM  
Blogger TTD said...

everything happens for a reason.. i remember u saying that it wasnt what u really expected when u interviewed.. so take it as a blessing..

2:43 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

What everybody else said...

This job wasn't for you, that's all. The one with you name all over it is on it's way!

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"A setback is only a set-up for a comeback" - Willie Jolley said it best! You gonna get a better gig anyway... humans cant stop God's plan!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Alaina said...

I went through something similar recently. I went fo the interview the "second in command" said nothign but great things about it and I was to hype thinking I was getting the job.

Weeks later no call and nothing but the run around.

Its only to let you know you are not supposed to be there.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home