Thursday, January 12, 2006

The Roommate giveth and the Towman taketh away


Yes, The Roommate Guy paid me my money yesterday. We went to lunch, he gave me $500 and paid for lunch. I was so happy, since i only ate one slice of the pizza he bought, I gave the other to this homeless man I always see hanging outside the subway station. I quickly deposited the cash full of glee. Little did I know, something had happened that would undoubtedly ruin my happy demeanor.

After work, roommate guy and I met up and rode the subway home together. Since he was dropped off at the station that morn, I offered to give him a ride. But since I wouldnt get out of bed yesterday morn, I had parked at The Mall (Blvd at the Cap Center) parking lot for the 2nd day in a row.... We walked to where my car should have been, all the while I'm hitting my alarm button. But no chirp, no car....I had been towed. Upon contacting the tow company I was informed that it would cost $180 to get MY CAR and of course they dont take credit cards, cash only. HENRY'S TOW COMPANY is the Debil.

So I took a cab ride to the Roommate's car and he dropped me off at the tow company. They asked for registration, as if I would know to be looking and happen to have the keys for a car that's not mine.....But i didnt have it....(Back drop: I got a ticket one time and havent been able to find my registration since)....Then they asked for insurance papers, which i thought i might have a old one ( I never remember to put my insurance papers in my car), it was a good thing I did because they wouldnt have given me my car and my ride had already left.....

So I got $500, Spent $3 at the ATM to get MY MONEY, had to spend $180 to get MY CAR, and was 20 mins late to my second job. At least I'm still $300+ in the positive. I was proud of myself cause although I was mad I didnt let it get to me. Hell, there was nothing i could do about it. There was no need to get mad. I'm trying not to stress myself over things I cant control. Whenever you stress it releases a chemical in your system.... Think about that the next time you get mad over uncontrollable circumstances, that shit really is bad for your health...

3 Comments:

Blogger SomeOne said...

u dont member i posted a pic on dacrib, he's the model guy....i dont know, he moved some stuff in last sunday, i really dont care i got my money

9:44 AM  
Blogger SomeOne said...

yeah its a bitch alright, thanks for stopping through jacquelyn, can i call u jackie so i dont have to type so much, lol, yeah im lazy

11:31 AM  
Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

damn tow trucks....don't you hate when they got your shyt...can't figure out why they want you to walk around with cash?....hmm? get with the damn times...at least let me write a check...lol...good post

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home