Thursday, November 30, 2006

B4 I 4get again

I talked to Laa shortly after turkeyday. She's doing good. She wanted to let everyone know she's fine and misses blogging and her blog fam. But unfortunately, they have cracked down on internet usage at her job. Since blogging doesn't pay the bills, she had to step back for a while. As always she's focused on her kids and building a better life.

Am I wrong....I really don't want to work my 2nd gig today. I'm supposed to be off....but I get a call at 9:25 am for my manager/good friend saying the assist manager's father in law passed, so she can't work tonite. Mind you i still hadn't made it to my first job, I came in later knowing I didn't have to work tonite. But I couldn't get up this morn because 1. I didn't doze off till after 1 am and 2.. I woke up in the middle of the night hacking my lungs out. So when the alarm went off @ 6am, i got up and tinkled then got right back in bed until 7:45 am.

Originally I agreed to work, but said I could not be there at my normal 6pm, since I would not get off from the 1st gig until 6pm.....I know this was an emergency situation, but the more I thought about it, the more and more I didn't want to go in. First of all I've already work M-W and have to work F. So if I work tonite, that will be 5 days straight of working both jobs. Yeah its only 3 hours more, but still. Now me working would mean my manager would not have to work open to close.....Why is her working all day much more drastic than me working all day????? Just because I'm doing it on 2 diff jobs does not make it less hours. Secondly, she been knowing for several months now, that she needs to hire another person that can close the store. But she keeps dragging her heels. She does not want to train any of the 3 other ppl there, but has not made any moves to hire and train someone else. Its only 3 ppl (her, asst, and I) who are allowed to open and close the store. So at least 2 of us have to work everyday. We need that 4th person, so noone ever has to work doubles, for flexiblity sake. Its been just us 3 since the summer.....So I called back and said I can't do it. I need to rest too. She said it was ok. But I know she wants me there. I feel a lil guilty, because she always does her best to work with my schedule and make sure I have days off that I need. Even if it means she has to do a double.

6 Comments:

Blogger NegroPino™ said...

Thats why it sucks to be a manager......More Money mo Problems..they dont get OT or nothing but you can only do so much. IF only she would hire somebody else cuz thats not fair to the 3 of you.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Superstar Nic said...

I know just how that is with the internet crack down at work. I had the same thing happen and it has really slowed down my usage to. That sucks!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Charles X said...

you brought me back from the dead

11:05 PM  
Blogger TTD said...

hi laa!!!!

dont feel bad... sometimes u just need to rest... you will have worked a double 4 days this week... she can do it once...

9:24 AM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

I know how workin two jobs is...it sucks...sometimes that have to remember that what is one full time job to them is two jobs to you whether it be full time or part time..have a great weekend

12:24 PM  
Blogger SomeOne said...

thank yall i knew i wasn't wrong. glad i didn't go in.....


sup N search....i know it won't be long till i'm in the same boat

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home