Sunday, December 31, 2006

2

Looks like I won't get to 100 before 2007. Oh well. What's the rush?

Anywho, I've managed to waste most of my last day of 2006. I was supposed to be cleaning. Did a lil here a lil there but nothing is completed. Sounds like my 2006. I made a list of things I wanted to do in 2006. None of which are completed. But I need to be accountable.

So here's the list I made in
January 06 and my status to date.

Plans for 06: I wont bother make resolutions i wont keep, but i will state my plans...

1. To loose some more weight, l've been maintaining, but i want to loose about 50 more pounds, so its time i get back on that....So i will use my blog to track that, including embarassing before pics....oh lord, carmel's gonna hold me accountable for this.... thanks ma

Well its started out promising, but I've some how managed to gain some weight back. Since I can't afford to buy new clothes in a bigger size, I will have to grab ahold of this situation before it gets out of hand. So this moves to 2007.

2. Study for, Take, and Pass the CPA exam. Its time i get refocused on my career and my future.

I have studied for and taken 2 parts of the CPA exam, but have not passed anything to date. 1 I missed passing by 2 points. The other I failed miserably. (Thats what happen when you don't study like you should.) Well I have no choice but to pass all four parts before the end of 2007. The new requirements for taking the exam will take effect for all those who have not passed it by 12/31/07. If I don't pass I will have to go back to school and have 150 credits before I can attempt to take it again. So its definately put up or shut up time. I sit for one part early Jan. Lets hope this will be the start of my passing streak.

3. File for divorce. I have the papers, i just need to file, that costs money, but hey i'll just charge it like every thing else i've purchased for christmas.


Well as you read a few posts ago, I've made no steps towards this divorce. So other than the CPA exam, this will be the first order of business for 2007. It is time there is nothing for me to wait for nor holding me back. I will call the lawyer and get the ball rolling before February gets here.

4. Pay off unnecessary debt. This will start with my tax refund check, i will pay off everything i can, then devise a plan and stick to it, for paying off any remaining debt.

Well I did pay off all I could with my refund check last year. However, I ran my cards back up. What did I buy, buring me futher in debt....new garage door, 2 trips to MIA, clothes, fixing Ma's car, dry cleaning, paintings, and other things I just had to have. And I did not make the plan, like I should have. Single Ma hipped me on some things I will definately have to implement this year. Again I will pay off all i can with my taxes and use some of the tools she gave me to elimate the remaining debt and better manage my funds. I was supposed to be donw working the 2nd job after 1 year. However, if I ever want to be out of debt, I need to continue making this sacrifice and work both jobs. In 2007, I would also like to refinance my house. Maybe this will help free up some disposible income.

5. Love. I will not look for it, but won't turn it away. First and foremost, i will defenately start loving myself, projecting that love through my actions. No more destructive behavior for 2006. Things i've done in 2005, will have to cease immediately. They were very unhealthy actions.

As for love, in 2006 I kept myself off the market for most of the year. I spent time loving me and focusing on me. Although that meant that for well over a year, I had no relations and at times I was a lil lonely. It was what I needed. I definately needed some me time. I've let Metro man in, but not all the way. I still don't think I'm ready for a relationship. Don't think its time for me to be anyone's girlfriend. Maybe 2007 will change all that. I'm open to dating and meeting new ppl. So we will see if 2007 brings me a new love. Either way I'm happy and thats whats most important.

AS YOU CAN READ I DIDN'T COMPLETE NOT ONE 2006 PLAN. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT, THAT'S OK. I CANT CHANGE THE PAST. SO I WON'T WASTE THE ENERGY BEATING MYSELF UP OVER WHAT I HAVE NOT DONE. INSTEAD I WILL LOOK FORWARD AND DEAL WITH TODAY AND TOMORROW, SINCE THAT IS ALL I HAVE CONTROL OVER ANYWAY. AS FOR THE PAST, IT WILL ONLY SERVE AS LESSONS LEARNED NO MORE DWELLING OR LIVING IN THE PAST.

I'M A WORK IN PROGRESS. SO LETS START PROGRESSING. :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE. HOPEFULLY YOU WILL ACHEIVE ALL YOU SET OUT TO ACHIEVE IN 2007.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chick dont be sending me texts like we live around the corner asking me what IM doing...what u doing..U shoulda been here ......

Happy New YEars MA!@!!!!

9:57 PM  
Blogger BK said...

Happy New Years and this was FABULOUS!!!

LOL @ me holding you accountable.. I tried didn't I????

So we gone do it this year right?

6:02 PM  
Blogger Superstar Nic said...

Hapi Nu Years!

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!! I don't think I mad any resolutions except to lose some weight which I did and I've only gained 5 pds back and those are about to come off with the quickness LOL....

2:59 PM  
Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said...

Happy New Year! I agree w/mikey I don't make resolutions either. But I hope you start to get thing accomplished.

6:29 AM  
Blogger SomeOne said...

@missy....i'll do what i want with my phone.... :P

@BK....yeah you tried, we'll give it one more good college try this year.

@N Search.....Right back atcha ma...

@honey.....I'll know you will do it.

@mikey....thanks mikey. YEah I feel ya on the no resolutions. Thats why I called them plans...but i guess that's just symatics. LOL.

@trina.....I most definately need to get things accomplished.

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful post... i messed up on some goals for 2006 as well... but as u said it's nothing u can do about it now, so why bother? just do better in 2007!

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The good thing is that you still have a plan to complete them. And you know I know about your dry cleaning LOL

I wish you well

12:57 PM  
Blogger BK said...

LOL ok I need you to update.. please and thank you :)

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOOOO-
I'm glad you haven't updated yet!
I always read people's blogs but don't always have the
time to comment- so now I will :)

1st of all-
you KILLED me with your very FIRST paragraph!
I mean, at least you were honest! hahaha!

I think that if you don't accomplish ANYthing else
the D-I-V-O-R-C-E should be it.
In 07' the stress of 'that nicca' is NOT the bussiness!

1:45 AM  
Blogger SomeOne said...

thanks ttd. yep lets make sure 2007 is all that it can be....

laa...yeah i got a plan, i just have to make sure I implement this year. and leave me alone about my dry cleaning, lol. (Dang I have some waiting to be picked up)

bk....yes mam.

sangin....i was waiting for ppl (including you) to have time to read and comment b4 making a new post. Yes definately need to get that Divorce out of the way.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home