Thursday, April 12, 2007

Singing: I just want it to be ova!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew this process was gonna take some time, but this is getting ridiculous. I finally stopped beating around the bush and secured a lawyer on Jan 8th. Here we are now, April 12th, and I'm still waiting. The papers have been filed, the lawyer got them back form the courts, and gave them to the server. But Dat Nicca still hasn't been served with the divorce papers. I know I shoulda handled this a long time ago, but I was really hoping it would be over before our next anniversary (June 8th). This is all out of my hands. All I can do is wait. Waiting is so exhausting sometimes. Nerve wraking. I've done a good job of not worring my lawyer to death. I only ask for an update (via email) every 1-2 weeks. Hey he got 1G he lucky I'm not calling him erry day.

So the last status I got was that the hold up on serving the papers was that the server was going to his parents house.

Backdrop: Around my Bday, Dat Nicca moved back home with his parents. So when I got back from Mexico, I called the lawyer with that new address. 2 days later I was told he went back to the OLD BROADS house. So I emailed the lawyer to tell him to use the orignal addy. He said the papers were filed with the parents addy already, but they could be delivered to a different address.

Apparently, the server paid no attention to the letter stipulating where to deliver the papers. So he wasted a week knocking on his parents door. Now its been over a week since he was told the correct addy....and still nothing. I know nothing. Emailed the lawyer yesterday to determine the status....and nothing still I know nothing......I also asked some questions regarding what do we do, if he never is served. I need to know that him not being served does not means I can't get my divorce.

I can only imagine he is sitting there not answering the door. Dodging the law. I'm not sure if he has a job. He would want to since he has to pay over $30K in restitution. (Thats another story for another day. Besides I only know what the court records say, I don't know the story behind it. Gotta love the internet)

I have never stepped foot on that lady's property. But if he holds this process up, I may have to. If he knows whats good for him, he will just sign on the dotted line. I JUST WANT THIS TO BE OVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger TTD said...

hope he gets served soon! damn.. jan to april is a long time.. cause ya'll still have to go to court after he gets the papers, right?

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, I feel for ya. Who would've thought it would be so difficult to serve papers for a divorce. I guess he is not trying to let go.

11:56 AM  
Blogger SomeOne said...

@ttd....yep, once he gets served he has 30 days to respond, if he doesn't respond...he gets another 30 days, before the laywer can move forward. if he responds, then it'll go to the courts so we can obtain a court date.

anonymous...tell me about it....who knows what he's thinking. I know i can't trust what he says. But he's the one that walked away and gave up, no need to hold on now....I'm the one who's gonna finish it.

1:02 PM  
Blogger TrinaBeingTrina said...

They talk about how women are crazy, but men are the one's that can't let go. Dayyum!! I feel for you

3:01 AM  
Blogger BK said...

girl.. I got gas in the whip.. lemme know when you ready!

4:25 PM  
Blogger SomeOne said...

@trina...you aint neva lied. They the first ones to be killing someone ova they women. Although, women have definately stepped up their craziness level with that damn astronaut driving around in diapers. lol.

@BK. Fo sho. But put that knife away. lol.

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home