Thursday, February 15, 2007

Who da hell turn the lights out

So in my slumber early Vday morn, I awaken to here my alarm beeping. I opened my eyes for a moment, and realized it was beeping because the power was out. I went back to sleep. Woke up about 7:30 am still no power. And I had no clue whether the gov't was closed, since i didn't have access to TV or radio. Called KG, she let me know there was a 2 hour delay or unscheduled leave. After looking outside, I opted to stay home. Since I was tired of hearing the alarm, I went down stairs and turned it off. Checked the temp in the house. It read 66 degrees. Not bad. I keep it set at 71, so too much of a difference. Plus my neight said the power was supposed to be back on at Noon (per Pepeco).

Instead of going back to sleep, I showered, cleaned a lil, and unpacked my clean clothes from my trip. (When I got home on Sunday, I immediately placed the dirty ones in the laundry room. No need to drag that stuff upstairs.) After doing all that, I attempted to turn my portable DVD player on. But since I hadn't used it on in forever, the battery was not charged. Great. So around Noon I took a nap, by this time the temp was 64. I thew an extra blanket on the bed and dozed off. Waking occationally, since I was cold. About 2pm my cell phone rings, but immediately hangs up. *Signal Failed* great. It was the 2nd gig calling me. It was getting too cold for me. So I brushed my teeth so I could roll out. I had to be at the part time at 6pm. Even if I had no place to go, at least the car would be warm and I could charge the phone. Temp when I left 61 degrees.

So since i've been avoiding getting my air filter for the last 2 oil changes and needed windshield wipers, I went to advanced auto. I get there and notice everyone and they mama are getting new windshield wipers, lol. The guy at the counter looks up the availability of what I need for my car. He has the air filter. Great. But only has the passenger side wiper. Da hell. Who the hell is only using one windshield wiper at a time????? For the life of me I can't figure out why they sell them separate anyway. They wear down at the same time. (and yes I did express this to him). He offeres to check for them at another store. I tell him no thats ok, I aint going no where else, besides the ones I have aint going no where. I pay for the air filter and some D batteries (I have two flash lights and of course no batteries) with my debit card. He looks at my license, as he should, to confirm I'm the owner of the card. He then says I see you did your hair. Da hell. I sign my charge slip, take my merchandise, and say: My powers out, I have bigger concerns than my hair. And roll out. He had some nerve.

At this point I need to eat (all I had was cereal), so I try to figure out what to eat. While driving around amishly looking for drive thru without a million ppl in line, I remember Mikey maybe home. Luckily he was and he had power. He said sure you can come through. When i got there I was so happy. Heat, TV. Great. I waited to return the call to the 2nd gig till I got there, cause I had a feeling she wanted me to come in early. Come to find out. The power went out there at 1:30 pm. So I didn't have to work. Great. But there was a catch, she said I had to work today. Da hell what yesterday gotta do with today. But its whateva.

Shortly after my arrival, he decides he wants crabs. But couldn't print the coupon. Then decides he wants shrimp and that i would drive, since i was in the drive way. LOL only right. So we proceeded on our 1 hour and a half journey to get the shrimp he wanted. He didn't want the $3.99 shrimp at the first safeway. Before leaving the shopping center we hit the liquor store. He got beer I got a 6 pack of sminoff ice and the new sminoff tea. There we encounter this women, who wants some strawberry daquari (sp) mix. She enters I'm in line. She makes a bee line towards me.....Umm where is the S.D....Me thinking, hmm do I work here. But respond. over there I think, pointing behind me. She goes to the display. I aint what she wants. She makes a bee line towards the door to check her car, since she was parked illegally. She didn't want what I pointed out, because it had liquor in it. So she asks mikey. He pointed her to the other mixes. She repeatedly asks does it have alcohol. He says no, you add the stawberries, ice, and liquor. Oh i don't want liquor. she puts the bottle back on the shelf. Mikey says you don't have to put it in there. She picks it back up and says: I don't think this is what she got before. He says: It doesn't matter they're all the same. She says: I should just get it from Safeway, I don't drink alcohol. LMAO.....she seemed clearly drunk to me. lol.

Still on the hunt for shrimp, we drove to Rivertown. That was one long trip. We went over the river and through the woods. At least it seemed that way. And you know what he ended up getting them damn $3.99 shrimp he turned down at the first one because they were too small. He thought the shrimp were too hard to peel when there were that small.

So we killed the shrimp (well have of them, he bought 4 pounds). Drank our poisons of choice. Watched snakes of the plane. So unrealistic. and Hoodwinked (animation).

Got the call that power was back on around 8 ish. I waited it out till 10:30 pm to give the house a chance to warm up. If it was too cold when I got there I was going to sleep else where. It was 67 degrees, close enough to my settings for me to stay home. I just turned on my space heater to make up the difference. But guess what. I could not sleep. I stayed up till 3 am watching tv. well tivo, since I'm a week behind. Then I called Bree at work. We talked for a lil bit. Then I attempted to sleep. Woke back up around 4:30am. Went back to sleep till the alarm went off at 6am. Rolled out of bed around 6:45 am to get ready for work.

So here I am. I should be tired, with barely any sleep. But I'm not. I know i will crash later. But since I have to work 2nd gig, it won't be till much later we I can.

So that was my Vday. Thanks again Mikey for all the hospitality.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

having no power in the winter SUCKS!!! Glad u got it back.. cause some people in AA still dont have it!

1:15 PM  
Blogger SomeOne said...

Yeah i feel sorry for those who are without power still. Its too cold for that.

1:30 PM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

Where the pics?

4:35 PM  
Blogger SomeOne said...

patients is a virtue

8:51 AM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

I am sooo happy that we had power cause I would have pulled my hair out being at home in the snow with no power.

Why do I crack up laughing everytime I read DA HELL..cause I can hear you saying it LOL

Glad Mikey was around :)

9:51 AM  
Blogger BK said...

LMAO!!! well glad you had mikey :) since I was at work.. but ummmm

ya'll can't get no crabs and not have me over!!!! YOU KNOW THAT IS JUST DOWN RIGHT WRONG!

ummm we need to have a get together at Mikey's house.. :) LOL

5:25 PM  
Blogger BK said...

ok I'm really going to need you to update :)

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home