Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Goals

Image hosting by Photobucket That's my goal to be able to recreate that pic, without having to cover up fat rolls. But I dont think i want to be that greasy, lol. I worked out yesterday, and let me say making this goal is filled with pain. I can barely lift my arms. I called myself lifting weights yesterday (after 30 mins on the treadmill), so i can get rid of this wing....u know what im talking bout, that lil flap of skin under the arm that just flaps in the wind. I cant stand that. My upper body strength is piss poor, i could only lift 30 lbs on the machines i was on. But I can lift 180 plus with my legs (well using the leg press i can). I was proud of myself yesterday, i went back to my standard settings, of 3.0 speed and 6.0 incline. I dont run on the treadmill, i would jack my knees up. So slow and steady will have to win this race. Besides i burn more calories with that combo, than if i had a higher speed lower/no incline. Some ppl think they doing the damn thing running and ish with no incline, but they could save all the huffing and puffing, if they just lowered speed and increased the incline, more calories for your buck....

But i'm no where near to burning the calories i need to burn per week. For every 3500 calories burned you loose only 1 pound. So when i was hitting the gym hard, the goal was to burn that per week on the treadmill and lift weights. That way i was guaranteed to burn off at least one pound per week. other calories would be burned from other activities i couldnt track, like weight lifting and aerobics classes. So that means my happy ass needs to be on the treadmill damn near everyday....the only prob. is I know the treadmill at home doesnt give accurate readings since the incline isnt automatic.....(i stick the pins in it to change the incline.) I need to sell it and get a different one....its gently used anyone interested.

*****************************************************************************
oh and 24 and prison break were off the chain last nite. Everyone should know not to fawk with Jack. He will treat anyone, including someone he loves like a terrorist in a heart beat. Then kiss you once he realizes you are telling the truth. Cant wait for next week's episode...Looks like the personal assistant bout to spill the beans........Micheal needs to watch it, he done burned off his map and now got that nosey ass doctor investigating this shit. I knew it was their father to drop off that info at the last min.....i guess the vice pres walking round with no teef or that analysis is dirty, cause i know damn well that wasnt him in that grave. I dont understand why all of a sudden they (girl-friend and lawyer dude) are walking around like noones tryna kill them.....

11 Comments:

Blogger Lāā said...

You better than me. There is a gym in my complex free for residents to use and I have never ever been in there. I just can't go somewhere to exercise. I have in the past run up the stairs (11 floors) at work and I do sit ups at home (my version on the bed).

It's so hard now that I'm older to lose the weight. I know about that wing you are talking about. What I do (I know it's ghetto) is when I'm watching TV I'll use some cans and hold them near my head with my elbows pointing forward. It has helped me.

But I like my curves now. I was soooo skinny (5'8" and 120lbs) before I turned 24 and I'm enjoying my body now.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Drama Kween said...

girl i so feel you on the workout tip...though i've slacked, but i am about to get back on my grind and go hardcore...(so i can recreate that pic too, though it'll be hella yellow with my bright self...lol)

12:30 PM  
Blogger SomeOne said...

To all: maybe we can motivate one another....

@laa...yeah i love my curves but hate this gut, the gut has got to go, lol...

@tiger....well i recently joined the gym in my building...and we're having a group fitness challenge, so i have to go down there at least 2 times a week or my team will be penalized....thats not enough for what i want to do...but its a start

@kween...nothing wrong with the yellow version, lol...thanks for stopping by...look forward to seeing you again.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Drama Kween said...

you are right about that lol my bright skinnededed self lol...girl i will definitely be back

12:51 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

I am starting to work out myself. Summer is coming and I need to be bathing-suit ready. When I was in my 20s, it was bikini-ready, now one-piece ready.

2:11 PM  
Blogger TTD said...

good luck on your goal.. mine is the same!!!

2:17 PM  
Blogger Grant said...

I like the incline better than speed due to a couple of leg injuries. The treadmills at my gym can imitate different terrains. I like the Alps setting - varying up to 15%. I wonder how many calories I'll burn if I set the machine to a 90 degree vertical climb?

2:21 PM  
Blogger Ms.Honey said...

Interesting that we posted about the same things LOL..congrats girl I need to hit the gym cause I walk now, the treadmill makes time go by so much faster especially if I'm watching tv or listening to music...I need to do that again.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Sangindiva said...

Hey girl!!
I'm about to talk mabout all of your posts in one
comment!
As far as the gym- you are betta' than me-
I refuse to go! I'd rather be a Yogi :)
On your Q/A- I'm a cheap ass who refuses to get
cable so I can't talk about any shows
As far as 24 and the other regular t.v. shows...
*sigh* I hate to say it but I rarely watch t.v.
So I can't talk about that either!!
LOL @ the supergirl undies!!!
Um... sorry to bust your bubble but theose flowers from L.L.? Those are mine boo. :)
Wow! @ # 3 "kirk" out? I haven't heard that since I was in D.C. kickin' it with a dude I almost married!
That's a memory word!!!
Aiight- BLOG ON!!!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Sangindiva said...

OH AND P.S.-
THAT GRANNY PICTURE IS NASTY!!!!!
UGH!!!

5:37 PM  
Blogger BK said...

girl.. you can do it.. you seen my before and my midway pictures.. I'll have the after soon enough :) and that wing is easy to get rid of.. TRICEP WORK.. pushups are your friend!!!!


and damn you chrissy.. I'm bout to watch 24 now while I eat my dinner!!!!

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home