Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Old Skool Parenting

Inspired by my girl Dat BK Diva,

I know yall remember them beatings you got from your mom/dad for something stoopid you did and thought you could get away with. But your parents were a lil bit smarter than you. Already knew what you had in mind. Share your most memorable beating story.


I remember several beatings i got, that were boderline child abuse...but i had enough sense not to call social services on Mom, cause she would've beat me till they got there.....The phychological aspect of the beating making me go pick out my own switch, knowing i would stoopidly get the smallest stick thinking it would hurt less, walking around with welts all on my leg and arms, when i stoopidly tried to block a couple licks......and my mom didnt use a belt, she had what looked like shoe strings braided together....now that left marks

One beating i remember off hand, i got for a dumb reason....Mama Dukes was in the military, so they taught her how to fold a certain way, so of course i had to fold this way too.....i was folding my underware, but i couldnt remember if i needed to fold the crotch in first then the sides, or the sides then the crotch, now mind you mom was siting on the floor right in front of me and poppin me everytime i folded something wrong, all the pressure had me nervous and confused, i couldnt think about anything but getting popped. I guess the undies was the straw that broke the camels back, cause ma excorted me to my room then proceeded to beat me, and when told to shut up and i didnt i got popped some more, ....i dont understand why the person beating you things you can stop your hollering and crying just casue they say so, that ish hurts, but i did some how managed to stop.....although one beating i stood and took it like a man, a few tears flowed but i wouldnt give my mom the satisfaction of me parting my lips....i called myself being tough

well thats one of my stories, what's yours....and if for some odd reason you didnt get beat as a kid, (yeah right) tell me about your worse punishment....

speaking of punishments, my mom took my privacy away one time, slam took my bed room door off the hinges, i dont even remember what i did, lol

11 Comments:

Blogger BK said...

LMAO.. not da door off da hinges!!!!

Haaaa...

aint nothing worse than getting ya ass whooped fresh out the shower... skin wet!!!

11:16 AM  
Blogger Lāā said...

I gotta use that one, door off the hinges!

My granny was from the south and she made us get switches off the tree and if they were too small, she would go out and get two or three of them and braid them together. I don't remember for what, but I remember getting beat.

My mom used extension cords. That hurt too. After I turned 9, I never got beat again because I was soooo very sensitive. My mom would punish me with her words.

11:41 AM  
Blogger SomeOne said...

@ bkln, i dont recall that one, but when i was a teen, i did literally get yoked up by the neck and had to dodge punches....


@laa...i remember the extention cord, but did you ever get the broom handle, lol...yeah i was a sensitive ass too, just having a conversation would have me in tears..

1:21 PM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

Damn not your PRIVACY Though.....da hell u done did to her..no wonder why you in ONLY child LOL

THe worst beating I witnessed(since I was a good girl) was my moms taking my sister's 12 yr old shop lifting hands and sticking them in the oven..and I couldn't do anything but watch and cry......

1:52 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

I'm going to remember the removing the door, classic.

I got very few whoopings growing up. The worst one I got was for calling my mother a bitch (trust me she more than deserved it). I was 14 and she had to have my older sister help her. I never forgave them for it.

9:37 PM  
Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

you must've told mom..."THIS IS MY ROOM"....you lucky it was just the door...

10:07 AM  
Blogger SomeOne said...

lol everyone loves that remove the door thang, you know roseanne did that to Becky on the show, yall member that episode

@ shawn, welcome.....

10:08 AM  
Blogger SomeOne said...

@sarccastik....could be, i was a smart ass....but i think moms didnt like the fact that i locked myself in my room all the time...teenagers, cant live with them

10:10 AM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

I hope to remember that when I have some bad ass kids..cuz i alread know they gonan be bad so ineed all the hlep i can get

11:21 AM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

I hope to remember that when I have some bad ass kids..cuz i alread know they gonan be bad so ineed all the hlep i can get

11:21 AM  
Blogger BK said...

ha.. remove the hinges might be useful maybe..

TBear.. right.. not just di bamboo stick.. but anything possible.. I watch my grandmother beat my cousin wit a machete.. and didn't cut him once!!! and she was good for picking up a stone and throwng it at you.. my brother got it right between the eyes.. LMAO

cast iron skillet.. favorite them for my mom and auntie.. gawd..

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home